Simulate Smishing Attacks
“Smishing” or “SMS phishing” refers to the use cell phone text messages to scam the recipient. Smishing attacks typically invite the user to click a link, call a phone number, or contact an email address provided by the attacker via SMS message.
Security Risks and Implications
- The attacker will often impersonate a legitimate institution like a bank or a branch of government.
- An attacker in the possession of a list of phone numbers of the employees of a company may also use perform a targeted attack to trick your co-workers into logging in to a fake corporate website. Having harvested a valid set of corporate credentials the attacker would then have an entry into further compromising the corporate network.
How we can help
- Use our on-demand training to educate employees on how to detect Smishing attacks.
- Use Phishmanager to simulate Smishing attacks for training your employees. This is integrated into our phishing platform.
- Reduce the chance of your company becoming a victim of Smishing.